Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Reflection 2

Lessons 5, 6 and 7 have sent me into a new world of technology. I had no idea how to use the online videos, wikis or del.icio.us bookmarking. It is a great deal of information to take in and try to use. I hope to use all 3 technology tools at some point during the school year. I think I would like to use the bookmarking to compile a list of usable websites that I can access anywhere. I would also like to use the wiki in my classroom and have the students share their summer learning. This of course would get parents involved too! What a great way to start the school year having students post their learning on a wiki prior to the first day of school. I can learn what interests new students have and be able to interact with students prior to school. I hope to use the online videos throughout the year to supplement student learning and make connections to cultures around the world.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Carol, you said,

"I would also like to use the wiki in my classroom and have the students share their summer learning. This of course would get parents involved too! What a great way to start the school year having students post their learning on a wiki prior to the first day of school. I can learn what interests new students have and be able to interact with students prior to school."

I LOVE this idea! I'd love to have a link to this once you get it going. If you need any help, let me know.

Carol said...

I did set up a wiki but have not sent the info to parents yet. I will send you the wiki info in an email and maybe you could be my test person to post and see if I can receive and respond to it.
Carol